USA, ND: muslimi ampui neljää kolaria selvittämään tullutta poliisia

Ei ehkä ne kaikkein laadukkaimmat ketjut. Sana on vapaa!

Valvoja: Moderaattorit

Fire
Rico Tubbs

USA, ND: muslimi ampui neljää kolaria selvittämään tullutta poliisia

Viesti Kirjoittaja Fire »

Tästä ei valitettavasti jostain syystä löytynyt suomenkielisiä uutisia vielä ollenkaan.

Officer killed in Fargo shooting ID'd as Jake Wallin; suspect, Mohamed Barakat, also killed; 2 officers critical

FARGO, N.D. -- Police in Fargo confirmed that an officer was dead and two others injured after a shooting on Friday afternoon. The suspect was also killed, and a civilian sustained serious injuries.

On Saturday afternoon, Fargo police released more information about the officers involved, including identifying the one who was killed -- 23-year-old Jake Wallin, who became a police officer in April 2023 after graduating from the Fargo Police Academy IV.

The two officers who sustained critical injuries are Andrew Dotas and Tyler Hawes. They were listed in critical but stable condition.

Police say that the suspect, 37-year-old Fargo resident Mohamad Barakat, died of his injuries at a local health care facility. Police say he was taken down by Fargo police officer Zachary Robinson, who has been with the department for seven years. Robinson has been placed on administrative leave, which is standard in these cases.

"The events of the last 24 hours have been among the most difficult in our department's nearly 150-year history. This was a heinous and unthinkable act of aggression against our officers and the entire metro community. As we all try to comprehend what has transpired and mourn the impact on our team and the entire community, we are bracing for extremely difficult days ahead," Fargo Police Chief Dave Zibolski said.

Kuva

Witnesses report hearing bullets

Witnesses said a man opened fire on police officers before other officers shot him around 3 p.m. on Friday. Shortly afterward, officers converged on a residential area about 2 miles away and evacuated residents while gathering what they said was evidence related to the shooting.

RELATED: Law enforcement community offers condolences after Fargo shooting left officer dead, two other police injured

Witnesses reported seeing and hearing gunshots in the area. Shannon Nichole told KFGO Radio she was driving at the time.

"I saw the traffic stop and as soon as I drove, shots were fired and I saw the cops go down," Nichole said. "My airbag went off and the bullet went through my driver's door."

A man grabbed her and said they needed to get out of the area, Nichole said.

Chenoa Peterson told The Associated Press that she was driving with her 22-year-old daughter when a man pulled out a gun and began firing at police: "He proceeds to aim it and you just hear the bullets go off, and I'm like, 'Oh, my God! He's shooting!'"

Peterson's first instinct was to pull over and try to help, but having her daughter there convinced her to leave. "It's weird knowing that if you were 10 seconds earlier you could have been in that," she said.

https://www.cbsnews.com/minnesota/news/ ... pect-dead/

Palstan kieli on suomi. Käännös tai oma alustus aiheesta mukaan tai pidempi referaatti. Muuten poistuu Kaatopaikalle hyvinkin nopeasti :arrow: siirretty lupauksen mukaisesti
-NILS-